Tuesday, January 5, 2010

An athlete worthy of respect...

I learned as a kid to expect disappointment whenever looking up to athletes as role models. Only a select few athletes have lived up to what I would like to expect of them, most notably for me was Walter Payton as one who performed exceptionally well on the field of play and perhaps equally as well in life.
Now I am cautiously beginning to look at Tim Tebow as a gifted athlete whose life away from athletics might also be worthy of emulation. Witness Tebow's choice of companion to the ESPN College Football Awards ceremony. He took home no award this year, but certainly walked away a winner in my book.



NFL scouts question whether Tebow's collegiate football success will carry over to the professional ranks in large part to an unorthodox throwing motion. However, were I an NFL executive, I would consider drafting this young man if only to have him as a face for my organization. A class act.

thanks to Deacon Richard Hudzik

No comments:

Post a Comment