Tuesday, November 23, 2010

No Mom, she's just my roommate, housing assigned her to me.

In case there had been any remaining doubt, I guess that I am officially a neanderthal. Hearing that Georgetown University, a Jesuit school, is considering "gender blind housing" for incoming students, I have apparently been caught simply napping at the station as the cultural express blazed through town.
One Georgetown student opined that such a change would be beneficial to the community as, "It would be helpful to the many people on campus who have friends of the opposite sex and who have different sexual orientations." I don't think I would have had the courage to try to sell that one to my parents.

2 comments:

  1. If this is happening at a Jesuit school, how long before it spreads to Catholic ones?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick, Georgetown is considering nothing of the sort. This is a report of a non-binding resolution, introduced by an undergraduate in a non-executive student Senate. It's as significant as a proposed resolution declaring that the Moon contains tasty green cheese. You're not a Neanderthal.

    ReplyDelete