Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An interesting journey


I have been following news stories about Ken Howell, the adjunct professor at the University of Illinois fired for expressing the Catholic Church's teaching in a course on Catholicism and modern Catholic thought. (I know, it sounds ridiculous but there you have it)
Yesterday in searching for news stories updating the case, I ran across an article published in the Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette giving background on professor Howell. I was surprised to learn that he is a former Presbyterian minister who came into the Catholic Church in 1995 and that part of his journey came from an appreciation of the concept of redemptive suffering so valued in Catholicism. I came away with even great respect for professor Howell.
The story can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment