Saturday, July 25, 2009

Well this is refreshing...


Heisman Trophy winner and star quarterback of the National Champion University of Florida apparently stunned his interviewers when he acknowledged that he is saving himself for marriage. From Mike Bianchi and the Orlando Sentinel:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- You no longer need to wonder if the devoutly spiritual Tim Tebow is a virgin.

Now you know.

Responding to a question from radio reporters at SEC Media Days Thursday about whether he is saving himself for marriage, Tebow laughed initially and then said seriously, "Yes, I am."

When another reporter stumbled through and couldn't finish a follow-up question, the 21-year-old University of Florida quarterback laughed and said, "I think you're stunned right now. You can't even ask a question. ... I was ready for that question, but I don't think ya'll were."

I don't know about you, but this just makes me respect Tebow even more. In a sports world where far too many young athletes are having children out of wedlock, the most popular player in America proudly admits he is saving himself for marriage.

I'm not much of a Gators fan, but I certainly respect this young man.


No comments:

Post a Comment