Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm confused... How offended should I be?

Thanks to Deacon Richard Hudzik for making me aware of the ruling of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals supporting the City of San Francisco's resolution defaming the Catholic Church. It seems the city council of San Francisco was upset that Cardinal William Levada (former archbishop of said community) in his role as head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith issued a directive to Catholic Charities in San Francisco to stop placing children for adoption with homosexual couples.
In their righteous anger, the city council passed a non-binding resolution labeling the moral position of the church as callous, insensitive, hateful, ignorant and insulting. The Catholic League for some reason took umbrage at the resolution and brought suit under the non-establishment clause of the First Ammendment prohibiting government hostility toward religion. Details are available on the Thomas More Law Center's site here.
But I'm confused. How offended would I be if the city fathers of Sodom were to call me names?

No comments:

Post a Comment